Click HERE to return to Main 'GTA IV Activation' Site
Welcome to the Manual 'Product Activation' guide for GTA IV PC
During typical installations of GTA IV PC, users that have an active Internet connection will be prompted to perform an 'Online Activation' of the game. 'Activation' is a mandatory process for all installations of GTA IV PC, regardless of format.
In cases where an 'Online Activation' cannot be performed, one or more conditions may be prohibiting this (see below), and 'Manual Activation' will need to be performed.
Known conditions that may necessitate a 'Manual Activation' of the game:
- You DO NOT have an active Internet connection on the computer where the game is being installed
- Your firewall may be prohibiting this computer from contacting our servers; please make sure Port 443 is enabled on your personal or network firewall
If you can access the Internet externally (friend's house, Internet café, etc.), or via another PC in the same location that may have different firewall restrictions, you can perform steps needed to complete a 'manual activation' of the game. This process will be explained in greater detail below.
Manually activating your game, using a different computer with Internet access, is a three-step process.
'Manual Activation' Three-step Process:
- Collect your 'Product Code' (serial number) from back of your game manual and 'Unlock Requestcode' displayed during installation
- Generate an 'Unlock Code' on another PC with Internet access and no firewall restrictions
- Take your 'Unlock Code' back to the computer where the game was installed and continue with 'activation' of the game
To generate an 'Unlock Code', you will need to collect the following information first:
- GTA IV PC Product Code (serial number): This code can be found on the back of your game manual, or in a billing e-mail if you bought the game online, and will be in the following format:
- Unlock Requestcode: This code will be displayed during installation of the game, or by running the game again after installation is complete, when no Internet connection is detected and you choose to 'Activate manually' (example shown below):
- Write down, or 'copy and paste' the 'Unlock Requestcode' shown on the next screen (see below):
Note: Make sure to write down these codes down, or 'copy and paste' them into a TXT file and 'Save' them before continuing. You will need to bring these codes with you, to complete the next step.
On an external computer with Internet access, you now need to generate an 'Unlock Code'. You may even want to try to generate an 'Unlock Code' on a different PC in the same location first, as personal firewall settings can be different from PC to PC.
To generate your 'Unlock Code' for GTA IV PC, enter your Product Code (serial number) and Unlock Request Code (that you brought with you) in the fields provided below.
Click the 'Generate Unlock Code' button (see below) and your 'Unlock Code' will be generated:
Once your 'Unlock Code' is generated in the field above, make sure to carefully write it down, or 'copy and paste' it into a TXT file and 'Save' it before continuing, so that you can use it to complete the 'activation' process on the computer where the game has been installed.
Once you have received your 'Unlock Code', AND you have saved it (or carefully written it down), please return to the computer where you installed GTA IV PC.
To complete your 'Activation', follow these steps on the computer where the game was installed (Note: You may need to make sure you have admin rights to finish this process):
- Launch Grand Theft Auto IV PC (see game manual if you need instructions)
- You will be prompted for the 'Unlock Code' that you obtained earlier from a PC with an Internet connection, as well as your 'Product Code' (serial number)
- Enter these codes in the applicable fields (see images above) and click 'Activate' to finish the process
- Your game will now be fully installed and activated
If you have any further questions or issues regarding SecuROM components and functionality that are not addressed on this support site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.
For all other questions or issues regarding Grand Theft Auto PC that are not related to SecuROM components or functionality, please visit the official Rockstar Games Support Site at www.rockstargames.com/support.