SecuROM™ Removal Tool Information
You are here:
4. SecuROM™ Components and uninstall details »
SecuROM™ is a library, which protects an executable. During launch of such an executable, SecuROM™ authenticates the application.
This process includes the storing of temporary files (e.g. DLLs to show dialogs) and registry keys (which might include the activation license of the protected application).
The SecuROM™ Removal Tool can delete these remaining files.
Be informed that by executing the SecuROM™ Removal Tool, license information can be deleted from your system. As this can result in a loss of activations,
we suggest you revoke all activations prior to execution of this SecuROM™ Removal Tool.
Please note that not all PC games or software titles support revocation, as this depends on titles and publishers.
Should you have any questions, please contact us.
The link below contains a tool which removes SecuROM™:
After download, to use this tool, please follow these steps:
- Save the zip-archive to your hard disc
- Unpack the complete content to a location of your choice
- Start "SecuROM™ Remover.exe"
- Agree to the terms of the EULA (find a copy of the EULA here)
- The tool shows all SecuROM™ related files, folders and registry keys present on your PC for the currently logged on Windows user
- Agree to delete these files
- The tool displays the result of the process
- You can delete the zip-archive and extracted files after completion of the removal process.
- This tool does not delete or uninstall SecuROM™ protected applications. Please use the built in uninstall program or add/remove program function from Windows. If you have questions about uninstalling your application please contact the publisher.
- We recommend to first uninstall the SecuROM™ protected applications, before deleting SecuROM™ components with the SecuROM™ Removal Tool. This recommendation should avoid potential inconsistencies, as some application uninstallers might expect certain SecuROM™ components like DRM license information. However, the SecuROM™ Removal Tool can also be used independently from application uninstalls, and it will similarly remove SecuROM™ components.
- Some or all of those files and registry keys may be re-created in their respective locations upon each launch of a SecuROM™ protected application.
- If you have used SecuROM™ protected applications for multiple Windows users on your PC, it may be necessary to run this tool under each respective Windows user account.
- If an application bundled with SecuROM™ product activation contains a grace period (e.g. typical "trial versions" with a limited number of launches) some registry keys cannot be deleted.
If you have any questions regarding the SecuROM™ Removal Tool or SecuROM™ in general, please contact us.